Our Family 2010

Our Family 2010
We are happy for each moment we have together and cherish the memories we are making each day.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Shopping......

I have not gone shopping for a very long time--well, not really.

I've only run in and grabbed the basics--you know, milk and things like that.

I have been telling myself to go for a while now.

This morning I promised myself and Matt that I would go.

So I started my day just fine.

Running with Matt in the morning:)

Showering, making breakfast and lunches.

Family Scripture study.

And everyone out the door safe and sound.

Then Kevin and I cleaned the kitchen up, just a little and went upstairs.

My plan was to have my personal scripture study while Kevin watched Curious George, clean the kitchen, wash some laundry, and then go shopping.

My plans changed.

The bus never came for Ryan and David--they are the only ones who ride a bus.

So I decided since I was going shopping anyway I would run them right then--rather then have them miss school because the bus never showed. They would have WAY too much homework if I did that. So, I took them, and just about everyone else at their bus stop, over to the middle school. Then I went to Wal-Mart, the gas station, Maple Leaf, and Kent's. I came home to a house that looks like this......

The floor is still sort-of clean at least:) There is stuff everywhere! Now I remember why I went on a cleaning strike for a while. It never stays clean for more than a day. There are piles of stuff everywhere and dishes in booth sinks and all over the counter. And this was just from breakfast---the boys did the dishes last night. Oh well--that's my life. Clean, clean, clean:) SMILE---and grab a broom:)

1 comment:

  1. That's one of the "good" things about being on semi-bedrest. My kids have had to learn to step up and take care of things that I can't right now! I think it's been a really good thing for the kids to have more responsibility, and they have been so sweet about it. Bless their hearts! :) On the upside of when my house is a "mess" though, I sure love that I have so many blessings (husband and kids) to make the messes!

    ReplyDelete