David had a great idea today!
I was in charge of sharing time in Primary.
I used a "happy jar" and beans as an object lesson.
David actually listened :) and came up with an idea of his own.
Use the jar at home and fill it with pinto beans. One bean for every good thing you do. When the jar is full, they get to do something fun as a family--like have whatever they want for dinner, go swimming, watch a movie, play games--it's their choice. He was so excited to tell me all about his idea all the way home from church. As soon as we walked in the door, I handed him the jar and the beans and told him he was in charge of telling everyone and putting his plan into action.

First he found a place to keep it that was 1-out of the way, 2-a place everyone would see it and be reminded, 3-somewhere Kevin wouldn't get into it and dump it everywhere.
(Ryan is at a meeting with Matt, Kevin is busy making a mess they can clean up to earn beans in another part of the house.)
I told them they could earn double the beans if they saw a job needing done and just did it without being asked. I think this is going to be a good day:)
Some side notes:
We actually made it through the song we sang during sacrament meeting today and the boys all said it was a great experience--even Kevin, he slept through the entire thing.
Kevin gave his first talk in Primary, doing something really embarrassing that made me laugh my head off behind him. It involved a smell and him saying "Mom, shhhh, shhh" over and over again.

No comments:
Post a Comment