Our Family 2010

Our Family 2010
We are happy for each moment we have together and cherish the memories we are making each day.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day camp & Warriors

Sorry about the lack of posts lately.
It has been a busy, busy weekend:)
All day on Friday Jason, Jared, & I were at Cub Scout Day Camp.
Jason loved the climbing wall......he went to the top as many times as they would let him. He would race up and ring the bell as fast as he could:)They had bottle rockets there also.
Here Jared is pulling the nails out just a split second before the bottle went high into the air.
We are definitely going to have to make one of these.
I checked it out really good before leaving so I would have a good idea as to how to make it. Now all we've got to do is get the stuff and get it made.
It will entertain the boys and I for hours on end---I'm sure of it.
Jared didn't like the climbing wall as much as Jason.
But he did make it 3/4 of the way up:)
I was proud of him---he's my feet on the ground, hang out with mom boy, so this was a big step for my Jared:)
And here's one of my warriors----Ryan
Pageant took the rest of the day on Friday, after day camp was over.
It took half the night too--we didn't get home until after midnight:(
That wasn't so fun, and made us all really tired yesterday.
We had to drag Ryan and David out of bed at 10:00---and to think I used to be sure they would NEVER sleep that late:)
We spent the majority of the day on Saturday in Provo area getting rocks, tires for our suburban, and a new sewing machine for me:)
We were trying to get my machine fixed--have been trying for months now.
So Matt found one and just bought it--just like that. I was asking questions, trying to decide how long to wait before giving in and buying it--you know, like before Christmas for sure so that I could make the stuff that is traditional for that time of year. Thinking that I could make due until then. In the middle of my thinking about this, Matt turned to the lady showing all the machines to us and said, "We'll take this one. Today." I was shocked! Honestly, I felt like my mom, and as we walked out of the store Matt told me he felt like my dad. If you know them, you understand:)
And yes, I have already taken time to sew, just a little though.
Right when we got home, we had Pageant again---only until 10:30 this time though:)
Matt skipped out on Pageant last night to stay home and get the platform ready for the rock we bought----it's a project in the making. I will have to take some pictures and show you........ later........until then.....

No comments:

Post a Comment