Our Family 2010

Our Family 2010
We are happy for each moment we have together and cherish the memories we are making each day.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Date Night

Did you know that Dates are SO much more fun after you are married?
They really are.
I just love them.
I look forward to date night all week, every week.
Matt and I go on a date once a week, it is usually on Wednesday night.
Sometimes we squeeze more than one date in a week, but always at least one:)
Last night was our date.
Only it didn't happen.
There was flooding problems at one of the churches, so of course Matt had to go.
So not only did I not get a date with him, but he wasn't even home until way late.
Big bummer.
But, two days ago I was feeling blah, and oh so not.......me, I guess.
You see, I'm not a very patient person.
Every book I read, I read the beginning, middle, and end before I read the entire book.
I hate suspense movies--can't stand them.
Matt hates watching them with me because I always want to skip to the end and watch it, then watch the rest of the show.
Right now there are a few unknowns in our life that could change a lot of things, a lot.
Most of you know that we have been trying to adopt for a while, and things are looking like they are moving in that direction, maybe.
But it's all unknown--and that's bad for me:)
So two days ago I prayed and prayed and told the Lord that I could handle anything, whatever He wanted, but could I please know what it was.
You want to know what my answer was?
That I needed to wait and learn all that He wanted me to learn!
In fact, I think He was actually laughing at me, you know, like we would laugh at our kids when they say school is just so hard and boring and can't they just skip it all and get on with life. Well, that's what I think Heavenly Father is doing with me. Not in a mean way--He knows me. It's in a 'just wait and see what I have in store for you way'.
Yes, I'm learning patience.
So, Matt took me for a ride, to get me out of my "blah" mood, and back to me again:)
So even though I didn't get my date last night, I got a ride on this with Matt two days ago.
Sure, it was only right by our home for about 15 min. But it worked:)
I washed windows, made cookies with Kevin and his friend, did laundry, laughed and talked with my boys, learned to cable knit (yup, I taught myself--with the help of the Internet), and I'm exercising. So, I'm me again. I still wonder and want to know, but I can take it as it comes. Who knows, maybe someday I'll even be able to read a book without peeking at the end first:)----probably not though.
And, I get a day long date with Matt tomorrow----if there isn't anymore flooding:)

No comments:

Post a Comment