Sorry, no pictures.
Yesterday was not one of my best days--in fact, it's safe to say it was one of the worst since Matt was called into the bishopric.
Absolutely horrible.
I wasn't going to blog about it, but I just can't help myself. I've been a grump most of the day, even crying in Matt's arms for half of the morning, so I finally decided that if I just posted about it all, I would get over it:) My personal therapy session with the blog....
Our ward has changed from Sacrament meeting first to last, to make room for another ward for the next few months while their chapel is remodeled. That means that I am sitting all alone with my 5 wonderful boys at 3:00 p.m. trying to make them all hold still.
Yeah, it's a joke.
I sat behind someone yesterday who doesn't really remember what it's like to have little kids.....and now that my blog is private I can say that without fear of her reading this:) Anyway, the boys were bugging her, I was trying so hard to listen to the amazing young women in my ward talk about girls camp. The spirit of the meeting was just so wonderful--for the few seconds that I got to feel it at least.
Ryan felt the need to poke David.
David felt justified in jabbing Ryan back.
Jason couldn't sit straight and kept kneeling backwards on the bench so he could see/talk to a friend 5 rows back.
Jared wanted to make paper airplanes, which I let him do, until he actually sent one for a test flight.
Kevin was crawling under all the benches, rolling down the isles, and pretty much everything else you can think of--including yelling "Hi Daddy" in the middle of the sacrament.
I made them all stay after and tell me the reason we go to church with their arms folded while sitting close together on the bench. During our "talk" I was kind enough to let Matt take Kevin to one of his meetings. I really didn't care what the other people in the meeting thought of me for doing that--I just did it.
Now all I can say is that the only thing on earth that will get me to go through all of that again, because I can guarantee that it will happen almost weekly until church starts at a more reasonable time, is the fact that I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints in true.
And that knowledge will get me there every Sunday, over and over again--whether I can listen to what is being said or not.
And I vow that when all of my children are raised and some poor mom comes and sits close to me surrounded by all her wonderful kids, I will smile when they lay under the bench and tug a little on my dress or push their feet against the back of the bench I am sitting on. I will even offer to have some of them come and sit with me making sure I always have little treats stashed in my bag. Why? Because I know that I will miss my boys climbing all over me then--and I will remember that every mom needs 10 hands at least--not to mention a chance to hear what is being said in church.
Love it. If only we all grow old with little treats in our bag.
ReplyDelete