My boys have a new favorite past time.
Well Jason and David do.
Hunting for squirrel.
I just couldn't say anything at all about how I felt inside the first time they came home with their kill.
"The Mighty Hunters" they called themselves.
They cooked that poor squirrel right in my kitchen oven.
And then I ate some of it.
I had to.
They are my boys, this is their love right now, and had to eat some for them.
To see the smile on their faces.
I was worried the entire time about the sickness I might be getting from it, but other than that, guess what.....it tasted an awful lot like chicken.
I am not kidding either!
They shot another one right before Thanksgiving and froze it.
For breakfast the morning of Thanksgiving they fed it to everyone they could talk into eating it.
I choose to be kind and not eat any because there really isn't a lot of meat on those cute little animals.
My family were good sports and most of them happily chowed down on it.
Little Enoch couldn't get enough of it!
So, now I have entered a new stage in my life full of boys.
For a girl who had never even been fishing in my entire life before I married Matt I'd say I'm doing pretty good :).
But I do so look forward to getting together with some girls tomorrow and beading up some great Christmas gifts!

I love your blog :) It makes me smile.
ReplyDelete