Our Family 2010

Our Family 2010
We are happy for each moment we have together and cherish the memories we are making each day.

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Apples anyone?

Erin (8 1/2 months pregnant), Alisha, Kimberly
Laurie and me using the hydraullic press the Laurie's husband made to get the juice. You can see the "grater" (that's what I call it) we borrowed there also.

Alisha and Luke washing the apples.


Kimberly, Becca, and Alisha. We cut them all to make sure we didn't juice worms also. :)

About 1/2 of the apples we did that day.

This was crazy! Over 50 gallons of juice made in one day. My garage was a sticky mess! My entire body hurt! And I LOVED every minute of it! I would do it all again in a heart beat. You know how there are always tons of apples that fall to the ground? Well, I was at the park with some friends and one of them, Erin, was saying how they make apple juice each year. Yum!

It was lunch time, and I guess we were all hungry because one thing led to another and this is what we ended up with! 7 women, an unheard of amount of kids, nursing, rocking babies, changing diapers, patching up cuts, etc., and making tons of juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment