No man will ever understand this.....so if you are a man, just don't read anymore of this post :)
Unless of course you want to be confused and not understand anything you read.
I am home again, home, after an amazing 30 hours of pure freedom.
Not that I would want freedom all of the time.
Not at all.
I am happy to be home.
But feeling like I didn't stay away long enough.
One more night would have been perfect!
Bridget and I knitting :)
This was Bridget's first time, and she finished 2 dishrags and started on a hat!
Can you believe it?!
She is speedy fast!!!
I finished Ryan's hat.
There were 3,000 women at TOFW.
It was spiritually the best, especially Mariama and Hilary Weeks.....oh, and Brad Wilcox.
AMAZING!
The spiritual high, and the motivation you feel from it all was so amazing.
Then I came home to reality.
My life.
And I am trying to figure out how to keep it all how I hoped and dreamed I could while listening to everyone tell me how.
Ha
I got home late Saturday night, after getting no sleep at all....well, okay, I got a few hours.
Strange as it may seem I would have dropped dead if it had been my cute boys keeping me up all night, but staying up laughing with women and having Bridget give me pedicure was so worth the loss of sleep :)
Anyway, Sunday morning came too early with Matt running out the door to meetings.
A wonderful new technology that made Stake conference so convenient for so many thousands of people made it just like any other Sunday for me. Matt was gone and I was alone with my five wonderful, full of energy boys. Matt was there for the very last talk. Then it was home to make dinner while Matt had more meetings. I looked around my kitchen, dirty dishes piled high, and listened to my boys cry to me about how mean everyone but themselves were being. There was hitting, yelling, punching, pure hate going on between my 5 blessings. I calmly walked to my room, ignoring them all, and locked the door tight. There I kneeled down and prayed for strength to stay calm and not physically or emotionally hurt a single one of them, especially not the one who seemed to be doing the most harm. After a few minutes I walked out of my room and calmly sent them all to their rooms. Every last on of them.
Doors closed and locked.
I told them to fight as much as they wanted in there, but that I didn't want to hear a thing---and there was to be no telling me what happened behind those doors either.
It took them a minute to realize I was serious, and to their rooms they went.
Down the stairs I went, praying really really really hard not to cry.
I washed the dishes, all of them, by hand--because the dishwasher was full.
It only took me half and hour.
Then I looked at the Turkey I was going to make for my wonderful hubby and amazing children, and just couldn't make myself do it.
Instead I pulled the left over boiled eggs Alisha was kind enough to give me out of the fridge and made some extra yummy boiled egg sandwiches---it's all in the mind I told Jared later as he cried while trying to eat it....they are yummy and you will eat it :). After he changed his mind, he did eat it, and actually enjoy it. See, it really is in the mind.
The boys came out of their room when lunch was ready happy and laughing and playing like nothing had ever happened.......I just don't get that. But I won't question it at all.
After lunch was over I escaped to my bedroom for a nap, but read Glenn Beck's new book, The Snow Angel instead. If you haven't read it, hurry and do, it's one of the best books ever!
I did eventually take a nap, a long one, but not until Matt got home and took all the boys for a long long long walk.
Then we all made dinner together, Matt even was here to help.
So, the day ended up being pretty good after all.
Now for the week....it's Wednesday already.
If only I could escape once a month to TOFW maybe I would be the mother I so want to be.....
Until then I am blasting Hilary Weeks music and cleaning like mad :)

No comments:
Post a Comment